6th – Hope
Welcome back from summer break 6th grade families!
I continue to be delighted working with your amazing, engaged, respectful children! This is a year of building the knowledge, work ethic, and organization skills sixth graders will need for success in middle school. We will be doing lots of engaging hands on projects to enhance students learning about our key curricular topics.
A big highlight of our sixth grade year: We are working toward the goal of all students participating in a three day-2 night outdoor school in the spring as a culmination of our placed based learning. Students are earning school/community service credit to earn their way to outdoor school.
We will be busy fundraising. Key ideas from previous years:
- Poker tournament at Lakeside Casino
- “Sweetheart dinner” in February
- Logowear sales
- Be checking the friday folder for more information on how you can help support our sixth graders with this placed based education endeavor.
Sixth Grade Events This Month
- 7th: Back to School Night
- 22nd: Walk-A-Thon
- 23 – 27th: Fall Break
- 3rd: Teachers Work Day/Parent Conferences by appt.
- 10th: Veteran’s Day
- 22-24th: Thanksgiving Break
- 1st: Teachers Work Day
- 15th: Minimum Day
- 25-Jan 5th: Winter Break
Amy Hope, EdD
Click to see all Teacher & Staff Contact info.