3rd – Hash
Welcome to Third Grade
This year is going to be an exciting year of learning! Students will be learning in all grade subjects: Math, Writing, Reading, Social Studies, and Science.
- Math curriculum is based from Eureka Math. For parent support click here. Or if students desire extra practice in Math they each have an account through IXL.
- Reading, is based from guided reading groups. Students are grouped by ability level, and we work on fluency and comprehension skills. For added support at home the school has accounts with Starfall and Brainpop.
- Writing is based from Write from the Beginning. Students this year are learning to write a five paragraph essay with introduction, three body paragraphs and a closing.
- In Science and Social Studies we are using a place based education program. We are looking at field trips to the Fleischmann Planetarium and to explore Biomes at Spooner lake. Students will also study the living styles of the Washoe Tribe. I am so excited for the adventures we will have.
- Students will have three subjects to study Monday- Thursday.
- Math– Students will get a page of math every night based on the lesson that was taught that day.
- Spelling– From the spelling menu in your child’s homework folder chose one activity per night and complete it. Please sign the log stating what activity they completed that night
- Reading– students are to read for 20 to 30 minutes a night and complete one activity from the reading menu in your child’s homework folder.
- Please sign the log stating what activity they completed.
- Reading HW Menu
- 7th: Back to School Night
- 22nd: Walk-A-Thon
- 23 – 27th: Fall Break
- 3rd: Teachers Work Day/Parent Conferences by appt.
- 10th: Veteran’s Day
- 22-24th: Thanksgiving Break
- 1st: Teachers Work Day
- 15th: Minimum Day
- 25-Jan 5th: Winter Break
Click to see all Teacher & Staff Contact info.